Saturday, September 19, 2009

September 19 - Crescent City, CA












Barb - Despite what the meteorologists said, we have had another wonderful day to enjoy the "stuff to see" - this time in far NW California. I have been in California probably 12 times previously but never in the northern part of the state. Anything I see north of Sacramento is something new! We took a KOA-recommended drive through the redwoods, visited the Battery Point Lighthouse, and went south on HWY 101 to Klamath. We plan to drive the RV-and-Jeep-attached vehicles this way on Monday so got a bit of road and scenery preview. We came back to our campground on several miles of HWY 199 that we had driven yesterday...Ed admits that he could see a little more scenery this time! We are enjoying an evening in the redwoods of the campgrounds and staying on top of the Iowa State-Kent State game (ISU winning at the moment!)


Ed - I got up to let the dog out at 6:30. The morning was just waking, the trees on the mountain were still dark green and the clouds in the sky were low with round bumpy bottoms. The sun was just turning the tops of the trees golden green and the bottom of the clouds reds and purples with bright yellow patches. The fog was slowly raising from the forest floor like layers of sheer gossimer. There was a bird singing in the tree not far away and everything else was amazingly quiet. For some reason I thought of the friends and aquaintances I used to work with and really felt sorry for them . Many could retire but have not, and I felt mad at myself for not leaving at 58 when I could have quit. So, I took the dog back into the RV and got out a book and forgot the whole thing. Those friends that leave will find out what I am talking about and the rest will do whatever they want anyway. I had another wonderful day wandering around with Barb!

No comments:

Post a Comment